5. Char Restaurant. In the mood for a steak? Char Restaurant is exactly what you’re looking for when visiting Jackson. With a "clubby" atmosphere and cozy seating, this restaurant is a steak lover’s paradise. A large bar area offers a vast selection of beer and liquor.
4. The Pig and Pint. True to its name, The Pig and Pint offers succulent barbecue along with a wide selection of draft beers. This restaurant is fueled by a chef who routinely enters barbecue competitions and takes his brisket seriously. Local craft beers give diners a taste of the region, and the service staff consistently exhibits Southern hospitality
3. The Iron Horse Grill. If two words had to be used to describe The Iron Horse Grill, local and fresh would be the most accurate. Ingredients are sourced from local farms, and the restaurant staff take pride in preparing all sauces, salads, steaks, and meals from scratch every day. With a diverse menu that offers more than just barbecue, customers can choose from Mexican, Southwestern, and American dishes as well as a well-stocked bar.
2. Walker’s. If you’re looking to switch your meals up in Jackson, Mississippi from barbecue to more modern, American fare then this stylish bistro will be a welcome change. Known for its excellent, fast, and attentive service, Walker’s offers a pleasant experience in its stylish and low-key Drive-In style location.
1. 1908 Provisions. While Jackson has plenty of excellent barbecue and American restaurants to choose from, elegant French, Californian, and Southern fare is a rare treat that is best experienced at 1908 Provisions located in the Fairview Inn. Seasonal dishes prepared by head chef Gary Hawkins are consistently new and exciting. The casual dining atmosphere and attentive service make it easy to relax and enjoy a fine meal here. A wide variety of seafood, barbecue, and locally sourced vegetables enables every customer to find the perfect meal for their trip to this restaurant in the quaint Belhaven neighborhood of Jackson.